BTS - can you fix the truck bug in next update?

Trucks run by AI go nowhere and troops dismount...can you alter this by making a truck act similarly to a halftrack that can carry troops?

Why do I want this? So I can use trucks in a scenario - its pointless the way the truck works now.

I agree, the CM model won't drive them into anywhere that is even the slightest threat to they're safety it seems. In my opinion this is a bit of a AI cheat as the computer won't move the units as it KNOWS you are there before it SEES you there. In a scenario where I tried to make it so the US are advancing and get ambushed they would not move even though the main objective was to get to the other side.

The Germans in the woods could be trapped in behind lines or snuck behind lines, for a what if scenario but still the damn AI won't move them.

I don't think that the truck drivers should be morons and charge in as they are unarmored and no weapons, but a trigger or something added to their AI makeup would be appreciated. Perhaps the solution would be to arm the driver and passenger as they are totally unarmed (crew of 2). I believe the passenger of the truck is supposed to be riding shot-gun anyways and would have a rifle if not a thompson.

My thoughts anyways.

Johnno

Visit my website:

Dogs of War,CMBO Online Players Club

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>"I like a man who grins when he fights."

- Prime Minister Winston Churchill<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> biggrin.gif