Sneak Command Bug?

Also, there is no graphical representation for sneaking, so your guys look like they're just out for a stroll – but as far as the game engine is concerned they're sneaking.

David

------------------

...the pilot was able to circle and make a safe belly landing. According to O'Neal, 'this guy jumped out and ran up to me, shouting, "Give me a gun, quick! I know right where that Kraut s.o.b. is and I'm gonna get him".'

Would love to see soldiers engaged in sneaking in that half bent over skirmish position, possibly raising their heads occaisionally to look around. Would be a good graphical representation to help distinguish between sneaking and moving. Have looked at a lot of units, asking my self why are they going so slowly, til it dawns on me.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Would love to see soldiers engaged in sneaking in that half bent over skirmish position, possibly raising their heads occaisionally to look around. Would be a good graphical representation to help distinguish between sneaking and moving.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agreed. This would be great to see in a future patch. It bothers me when I tell my men to sneak and it looks like they're out on a Sunday Stroll through the park. Doesn't seem like it should be too hard to model either.

BTS, is this viable?

------------------

No, it can't wait till CM2.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Colonel_Deadmarsh:

Agreed. This would be great to see in a future patch. It bothers me when I tell my men to sneak and it looks like they're out on a Sunday Stroll through the park. Doesn't seem like it should be too hard to model either.

BTS, is this viable?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not until we all have 10Ghz computers with GeForce 20056 Video cards, Deadmarsh. At least according to Steve and Charles. Oh yeah, and it doesn't actually "do anything for the game" - that is for the dried out grog who don't care much about how the game looks one way or the other - so any cool graphical representations are very low on their "to do" list frown.gif .

------------------

"...Every position, every meter of Soviet soil must be defended to the last drop of blood..."

- Segment from Order 227 "Not a step back"

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Croda:

well if you're looking where you're placing your feet, then you aren't looking to make sure that no one is shooting at you! Not sure I like that. wink.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

"Hey, Frank. Quit watching your feet and look over there. Someone just shot at us I think. No, no, not there... There. See the bullet? We'd best get out of the way, I imagine."