Air Support

I have a quick question, I am rather new to CM and have been playing some PBEM QB games. To the point, I purchased some air support just to see how effective it is when on turn 2 it shows up and over the next few turns this pilot gets down to some shootin' and bombin'. The point is that where the plane is doing its thing, I can't even see over there and I have no idea what he is targeting if anything.So here is the question :confused: - Is air support worth the points and is this pilot actually doing anything and how can i find out?

Yes air support it worth the points, the pilot is doing something, and you won't know anything until the fight is over unless you already have someone who can see what it is shooting at. Just be glad it isn't shooting at you. Friendly fire problems are the only serious drawback to CM air support. The strafing is particularly effective, arguably much more so than it was in reality. (The bombs are big but usually miss - which is realistic. If there is a lot around they hurt something anyway).

Thanks for the answer, was hoping for that. I have been playing against an opponent who loves the use of the Big Tigers and have been getting beat, but it's usually just those blasted things that are the difference and I thought I might try some planes to maybe take one out or so to give me an early edge and at least give him something to think about.