Getting the word around.

Just my way of saying thanks for everything BTS! cool.gif

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Tuesday, June 13, 2000 2:22 PM

To: 'brian@avault.com'; 'christopher@avault.com'

Subject: Recognition of a game

Brian/Christopher,

First let me say thank you for your time in reading this. Second that I have in no way any ties to this game that I am about to talk about other then being a player and soon to be proud owner of two copies, I am strictly a customer.

There is a game coming out this week, and the AVAULT is the location where I downloaded the gold demo of it. The game is called Combat Mission, Beyond Overlord. This game has no equal, it is simply the greatest squad level combat game ever. It’s historically correct concerning equipment, the engine is like none other seen for this type of game. To me it’s what Close Combat IV should have been. Not to mention the 3 years of production where the unparalleled customer support and input are taken into account, and responded to at extremely fast rates. If you play the demo it alone will show you the amount of attention that has been put forth in both game play and realistic effects of the equipment/people.

The reason I write to you is that I am asking you guys to PLEASE to a look at the gold demo, write a preview/review on the game and let people know that it is there. The game will only be sold via their web page, so getting the word out is crucial to the creators of this game. Also in standing call them as you see them style and accuracy of the AVAULT could only help this game to become the blockbuster gamers have been looking for. One last thing of course is a HUGE thank you to the AVAULT for posting the gold demo and bringing this title to your vigilant readers attention.

Mr. Thomas, James D.

Chief Systems Administrator

US Army, 39th SIG BN

RSC-NL

Voice # 360-7224

Fax # 360-7310

Thomasj@39thsigbn.schinnen.army.mil

to the editors at PCGamer:

There is a game coming out this week called Combat Mission by Big Time Software. Not only is this the best WW2 game ever but it is simply the best game I can recall ever playing (and that's only the demo.) More importantly, BTS has exhibited exemplary customer support and has maintained a developmental purity never before seen. Your magazine often decries recent trends in the commercial games industry such as releasing buggy and/or generic games. CM and BTS are reversing this trend. As they are selling online only they need all the publicity they can get. I really hope that Mr. Trotter (I know he must have this demo and I'm sure he loves it) will review this game when it's released. Please note I'm not in any way affiliated with BTS but have been a loyal PCGamer subscriber for 4 years.

Phil Gauthier

New Orleans

I wrote PC Gamer (Mr Trotter) about a month ago, and e-mailed them also. I havent heard mention of the game on either their web site, nor the magazine.

Seeing how it is the leading PC games magazine right now, I hope they get on the ball and educate the poor blubbering masses so they might become poor blubbering CM addicts.

------------------

As I walk through the Valley of Death, I will fear nothing, for I am the meanest mother*#*#** in the valley. (George S. Patton)

I also sent an Email to Mr. Trotter about 1.5 months ago. I've not heard a thing from the man. Perhaps the message did not head his way. I couldn't find HIS adress, only the editor. I had to put "please send this to Mr. Trotter" in the subject line. Honestly, being the great purveyor of wargames over there, I think he would, if you'll pardon the expression, cream his pants when he gets ahold of this goldmine.

El Jeffe

Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to continue....

Oh, William Trotter has seen and played CM. His column in PCG a few months ago started with "I was going to talk about the great wargames heading our way soon, such as Combat Mission..." but the column then proceeded on to a treatise on the sad state of wargaming in general. In fact, I think quite a few of his recent columns have had the same general, and depressing, focus.

I enjoy his writing, but I'd rather see him talking about things (like CM) that will help wargaming in the future, rather than wail about the things that are wrong with wargaming right now.

Few other game-genre players will read his column and think "yeah, maybe I should give wargaming a try." They'll skip his column, just as I generally skip the FPS column, (unless it looks funny or is about Daikatana)

I believe that only wargamers themselves will read his column and these people KNOW how low the wargames market has sunk of late. He's preaching to the choir. Trotter should talk to us about wargames we can play, rather than lament the wargames we can't or companies that died.

DjB

Guest Pillar

Somebody with good writing skills should probably also try to get the Gamespot strategy section to do a review. They apparantly really like CC3, so CM should blow them away.

The site is fairly popular with the masses.