Ground Conditions

Yes your men would know how much it rained and have a good idea of how wet the ground was. They would also know that they might have a few difficulties if they do not stay to the road network or are not careful with the use and deployment of their equipment. They may even know that the motor pool will not issue replacement equipment for them every time the weather changes.

That is of course the point. You should always consider that big tanks bog. It shoudl always always be in the German and American mind that if they take the heavies, they may loose the heavies to bogging. I am for making everything random: hills, landscape, units, weather, everthing.

I think the reality argument works just fine here -- forces just did not choose to reequip due to temporary weather conditions. The M3 Medium was a bog king and the US/UK were stuck with it for a while. The King Tiger was almost reduced to a fortress in bad weather -- which is as it should be.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Slapdragon:

...I am for making everything random: hills, landscape, units, weather, everthing.

I think the reality argument works just fine here -- forces just did not choose to reequip due to temporary weather conditions. ...

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, I completely agree with you... by the way I never bought any Heavy Tank... Neither do I sow any in accion too. Am I losing a big part of CM ? wink.gif

PS-To my pbem adversaries,this doesn't mean that I will not buy one... just to toy arround smile.gif

João

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Colonel_Deadmarsh:

Yes your men would know how much it rained and have a good idea of how wet the ground was. They would also know that they might have a few difficulties if they do not stay to the road network or are not careful with the use and deployment of their equipment. They may even know that the motor pool will not issue replacement equipment for them every time the weather changes.

Guest Michael emrys

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tanaka:

Yes, I completely agree with you... by the way I never bought any Heavy Tank... Neither do I sow any in accion too. Am I losing a big part of CM ? wink.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Probably not. On the other hand, I'll admit I was delighted when one of a pair of Pershings I had purchased as a lark in one of my QBs snuffed a Panther with his first shot. Through the front upper hull too, IIRC.

Michael

Uh...ok...my fault. I'm blind today. Apparently, it does show the ground conditions when it is raining or snowing.

But...and this is a big, fat, but...if you are playing a QB, the ground conditions for rainy and snowy weather are always "wet" or "snow." Now, I know this isn't a huge thing and all but I'm wondering why the QB's can't have the same options as the pre-made battles. Why can't we choose from light snow, snow, and deep snow and between wet, mud, and deep mud.

Would this feature be so hard to add? Somebody back me on this. I can't be the only one who wants this feature added.

------------------

Everything in moderation...except CM.

Guest Michael emrys

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Colonel_Deadmarsh:

I can't be the only one who wants this feature added.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well...no...actually you are. You see it's all a gigantic conspiracy and we're all against you. You weren't supposed to know, but I never could keep a secret. Hope this helps.

Michael

wink.gif

Damn Michaell, cant you control your keyboard? Next thing you know you will spill about the black helicopters and then everything is done for!

By the way, the black chopper delivered the copy of CM2 no one but the ruling conspiracy is suppose to know about, and boy is it great!

Remember, don't tell them about the Ï´´??Ô´´?˜¨ØÁÎÓÔÏÍ?Á?ÒÒÁÎÒ¨Ô Ú?Ô´´?Ò˜?¨Ï  ÒÚ?Ô´´?ˆ ¨?ÚˆÔ´´ ˆÒÚ?Ï?¨´´?” ’”ÒˆÓ˜”ÂÏ?‚·Á<caron>Î?˜?”·‚¨Á’  ”؈´´ÂÔ˜—‚ÁϘÂ?‚ˆÓÔ’¯ ?Ú?—<breve>?Ô”‚Ô’‚?ˆÓÔ ˆÒ¯ÓÔ؈

[This message has been edited by The Evil Overlord of the Universe (edited xx-xx-xxxx).]

[This message has been edited by Slapdragon (edited 09-23-2000).]