Flags

I remember in "Chance Encounter" that as the Americans, we had just taken the last flag to supposedly win the battle, [and you all know what a costly battle that last ridge can be [up on the left] there was one turn left, we pretty much ruled the top, but wondered why the flag was still unknown , but as we looked back to the flag on the rear right ridge, and noticed that it had once again turned to unknown, we were at our wits end. The closest guy to that flag was a crewman and we sent him on his ungodly mission, which was of coarse destined to fail, even though no other enemy units were present. Just to much to ask of a single crew guy. I appreciate all your feedback !

------------------

SEVERE

Guest Captain Foobar

Because I haven't seen your game, I can't say this 100%, but I think that you were experiencing Fog Of War. You were probably STILL in control of that Victory Location. However, if you don't have anyone in Line Of Site to that location, you have no way of visually verifying that data. If you do searches on this forum for FOW, LOS, and Victory, you'll probably find alot of useful information. BTW, I don't represent BTS software or anything, just speaking up....

If you don't have people actually CONTROLLING that VL actively, it goes back to neutral. Controlling a VL means having a combat-effective unit there; crews don't count, nor do squads currently fleeing.

It doesn't matter if the enemy has no combat-effective troops left on the board at all; if you're not there, the game says the flag is neutral.

DjB