My New Problem

I am a recent CM buyer. Even before I read through the manual I did the tutorial battle a few times, and it's a great game. Now I have a problem.

Recently I checked with the 3Dfx site and thought it would be a great idea to update my Voodoo 2 SLI drivers, so I did. Went fine. As long as I was at it, what the heck, I also downloaded DirectX7. Went just fine.

I should have figured I did something I shouldn't have when I tried to get back into Falcon 4, and couldn't get sound to work, and then the pre-mission pie chart wouldn't come up. Damn.

Then tonight I went back to CM, now that I've finished the manual. NO SOUND!!! NO SMOKE ROUNDS!!! God knows what else I aint getting.

Then, at the end of the tutorial, the screen went technicolor and a lot like a battlefield Picasso might design. Something went wrong.

OK, I learned my lesson, I did a bad thing. Can anyone tell me if I now need to get rid of the DX7 and the drivers? If so how? I appreciate any assistance.

------------------

Skoonj

Excelsior, Fathead!

--Jean Shepherd, circa 1956

I did the preferences delete, and it asked me for graphics preferences. When I got the tutorial up again the smoke worked. But the enemy didn't show up! That's wierd! Oh, and still no sound.

------------------

Skoonj

Excelsior, Fathead!

[This message has been edited by Skoonj (edited 08-12-2000).]

Well, as you said, I uninstalled then reinstalled the drivers for the soundcard. Actually, all of the software. Did it a couple of times, and CM now works! Thanks very much for the help.

------------------

Skoonj

Excelsior, Fathead!