Who would like to see a Cm Magazine

For myself, I'd rather have something in print than online, so I can read it at my leisure (on vacation, on the plane, and other places I simply don't want to lug along a laptop). I also would prefer it focus on CM, although additional "stuff" about WW II history or gaming would be okay too. And I'd rather it be largely subscriber based, although I understand how advertising can defray the costs substantially. Maybe "selective" advertising is okay.

------------------

"Don't lie to me, Gustav! You're a stinkin' Mac user!"

I think it should also have book reviews...

We ALL are looking to improve our libraries and having good reviews by wargamers would help out a lot IMO.

Even a single review a week would really cover a lot of ground very quickly ( especially if you had people submit smaller reviews etc)

Personally, I agree with Fionn about the book recommendation thing, just because I'd really like to get ideas for scenarios.

Also at this point, I'd like to see it concentrated solely on things pertaining to CM.

Although I am a fan of wargaming in general, I would simply hate to see something like this get diluted with all kinds of gobbledegook pertaining to other games or subjects that, although interesting, depart too far from CM. (i.e. stories about Mata Hari or articles concerning camouflage patterns of early fourteenth century pikemen or why its unwise to use the "kithen sink" defense in the latest sci-fi computer simulation.)

Of course, this is all just one man's humble opinion, and I bow spinelessly to the whims of the masses...

Thank you for your patience.

I would subscribe to such a venture. A fairly simple newsletter sounds great to me. I would prefer a strong CM focus initially at least, with perhaps a section each tome for "other stuff" such as miniature modelling or whatever.

I like the ideas for content so far, in fact all of the ideas are good IMHO. Another idea is a section / article dealing with a particular weapon system, it's strengths, weaknesses, tactical use, perhaps anecdotal info as well - for example, an article on the PSW234/3 or Bren Carrier etc.

In fact, I *really like* the idea of a CM newsletter, with lots of wargaming and grognardedly pedantic ;^) stuff in it.

Ober

------------------

"Them Yankees couldn't hit the broa..."

Great idea guys! I`d certainly subscribe to a CM newsletter. The book review section sounds like a hit, along with the usual type of stuff from the web. I wouldn`t mind seeing adverts in there either, after all it would likey be ads for military-based stuff anyhoo.

------------------

"No Regrets"