Bug or Cheating

Why is it that in a PBEM game, some PBEM files you receive dont work. Sometimes, after I select the newly received PBEM.txt file, the game "dings" at the PW entry screen and everytime thereafter when any key is pressed.

Is it a bug or game cheating? I mean, could your opponent, who doesnt like the outcome of the turn, cause the file to mess up so you send him the turn again?

TeAcH

[This message has been edited by TeAcH (edited 03-12-2000).]

No problems. There are a few bugs like this in the beta demo to do with locking up or a "ding" being created when you try to access the file which are purely the result of the game being early beta (and thus having undiscovered bugs).

I sometimes have this problem too. In my case it happens every time I try to load the file. When I look back to my windows desktop, there is an error message saying something like "unhandled exception at 24605", and when I click OK, the game ends with an "invalid page error". The point is, I'm not even sure if it's a bug in the game, because the file loads fine on the computer of a friend of mine. At the moment I'm suspecting a hardware error in my computer being responsible for this behavior (similar things happen in other programs too).

Dschugaschwili