Must See! Suicide Missions: Sherman Tanks on U.S. History Channel

I taped the show too, and was especially impressed with the Pershing coverage. And, ofcourse, I agree the Pershing nailing the Panther was some of the finest footage I have ever seen.

I noticed the show made no mention of sherman Jumbos, or Fireflys. Its a shame, as that would have shown some of the ideas to improve the tank.

Finally, the 3rd Armored division never served under Patton. Patton's armored divisions are basicly those starting from the 4th and going up to the 10th, with the 11 and 12th serving a bit under him too. (I may be wrong on a few there with that group listing, but atleast most of that is true.) The 4th and 6th armored divisions were considered the U.S. army's "elite" armored divisions.

Also, the 2nd Armored, which was mentioned as another "heavy" division was the one Patton commanded until he relieved that idiot Freedenthall or however you spell that Kassirine guy's name. Idiot.

Also, is it just my imagination, or did the history channel reffer to General "Anzio" Clark as a good General? Yuk!

------------------

busboy

CO, 99th Dragons

A Warbirds Squadron

'We will heat you up'

"It is well that war is so terrible, else we would grow too fond of it."

-Robert E. Lee

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ASL Veteran:

However, they probably shouldn't be able to be used in July either since the guy didn't show it to the Army brass until July 22 (according to THC). Perhaps August would be a more accurate month for usage? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is actually a good point, and I have been thinking that as well. AFAIK Doubler confirms THC in that matter.

ASL Vet - next time get your facts right, and you will not be challenged on your post by me. It is that simple. To post false info and then complain to be called upon it (when all it takes is a 3-minute test) is a bit rich. And that is all I will say about this, since I don't want this thread to deteriorate any further after your post full of personal and unjustified attacks.

------------------

Andreas

<a href="http://www.geocities.com/greg_mudry/sturm.html">Der Kessel</a >

Home of „Die Sturmgruppe“; Scenario Design Group for Combat Mission.

[This message has been edited by Germanboy (edited 12-19-2000).]