Tank Busters/ Grognards

Guest Silesian-jaeger

Guest Silesian-jaeger

Can anyone tell me what years the IL2 Strurmovik (single seat) and the Ju-87g Stuka came into service. BTW, can't wait to see these in CM2!

Nnnnyyyeeeeeewwwww-bakka-bakka-bakka-bakka- bakka-booooom!

PS. Anyone know of any good web-sites w/ color pics of German/ Russian aircraft. I'm looking to do some painting. Thanks!

------------------

"In one (German) town, Private Honey stood next to an

elderly German man and a ten-year-old boy. As the Shermans and brand-new

Pershings rumbled by the boy said,'Deutsches Panzer lind besser.' Honey

looked down at him and asked,'If

German tanks are better,

why aren't they here?' "

quote from Stephen E. Ambrose, "Citizen Soldiers"

[This message has been edited by Silesian-jaeger (edited 10-11-2000).]

The IL-2 entered service in 1942 according to http://le-village.ifrance.com/olivierwarbirds/il2.htm

(site's in French, but it's simple French. If I can read it, it's simple French tongue.gif)

The Stuka was in use as far back as the Spanish Civil War, the G model came into service in 1943.

------------------

Soy super bien, soy super super bien, soy bien bien super bien bien bien super super.

Guest machineman

6.jpg

Screenshot from the upcoming Shturmovik flight sim.

The EAW board at combatsim.com would probably get you anything you need to know about WWII aircraft.

------------------

"Environment is everything - The Lion may be king of the jungle, but you airlift him to Antartica, and he's just some Penguins bitch" - Dennis Miller

[This message has been edited by machineman (edited 10-12-2000).]

OT:

Actually German Hs-129B was rather successful. It was designed with a "tank-buster" from ground up. It was a twin-engines aircaft but the cockpit was exteremely small and many guages were placed in the inner side of the engine. It carried 2x MG and 2x 20mm cannon as standard armament. Under the fuseage, it could have extra 500 lb bomb or even 30mm FLAK. IIRC, it entered service around Jan 1943 but due to its engine problem plauging it all along.

It saw actions, not only in the Eastern front but also in Tunisa and in the West too.

There is a book, may be the only book out there, called "Hs-129", which discusses this interesting aircraft in details. Since this book is at home so I am sorry I cannot give more details right now.

I came across this interesting gem from a WW2 German planes book from AirTime publishing (the publisher of World Air Power Journal).

Griffin.

------------------

"+" is just the beginning. Expect to see "GriffinCheng76", "GriffinCheng(105)" or "GriffinChengA3E8" more should Forum problems occur again :(