Muted Velvet Touch grass is here!

Guest SS Peiper

Old Dog you are right on the 20 files. I renumbered the files and they work now (Looks Great) but I cant understand why I cant use the High-Res version as I have 8 Megs on my card? confused.gif Oh well still looks great.

SS Peiper

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Old Dog:

Lordfluffers, can't imagine why you'd be having a problem with that rig frown.gif Are you sure that you unzipped into the correct folder, etc? (See my 1st comments to ChuckD among earlier posts.)

- Old Dog<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey Old Dog Ive put them three times into my BMP file and nothings happening except my once Desert Fox subdued grasses are being replaced by what looks like low res, nastiness. What do you think?

Old Dog,

Sorry to add to the plethora of requests and questions, but how do I get my hands on the transparent scattered tree bases? I have a pretty low-end system by today’s standards, and have to stick with low-res grass textures. Will you be up-loading a low-res version of the terrain mod with transparent bases to Kump’s site? Thanks in advance for any info.

Lordfluffers, can you send mt at e-mail pic of what you are getting? Just use the email link above. Maybe if I see the shot I have a better chance of figuring out what's going on. If you haven't done it already, unzip the mod into an empty folder and examine the BMPs in Paint - do they look OK? Is the numbering ok (1550 through 1569)? Maybe the download or unzip was corrupted, have you tried reinstalling the mod and/or downloading a fresh copy? Have you tried re-installing Desert Fox's grass? Have you used grass mods before, like Richard's original Velvet Touch (VT is functionally identical to muted VT, size, numbering and even the artwork... only the pallets were adjusted)? Lots of questions, I know, but I'm trying to figure out what might be going on.

Jackson, I'll e-mail you a set of transparent bases if you'll e-mail me a request (can't e-mail them now as your profile doesn't include an address frown.gif )

- Old Dog

Old Dog:

You've gone and done it now. You turned me to the dark (subdued) side. I long thought Tremblett's grass was the best. Hadn't found a subdued grass I liked as much until yours. I'm spending the night swapping bitmaps for everything else to get the right look.

That said, what are these transparent bases that Jackson mentioned? Can you e-mail them or post them as I am on hotmail and it rejected the file size.

Thanks Again!

BFam sez:

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>That said, what are these transparent bases that Jackson mentioned? Can you e-mail them or post them as I am on hotmail and it rejected the file size.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

BFam, I have been discussing this with Garry Kump, and I believe he intends to post the transparent scattered tree bases on his CM Outpost this weekend. What he has is a replacement for Summer scattered bases only, the Fall/Winter bases I have left as Garry offered previously, as I think this gives a good "look".

Again, note that tranparent bases require some care in play to avoid sending your AFVs through scattered trees inadvertently. But they look.... sweet biggrin.gif

- Old Dog