Editor Bug for BTS

If this old news, my apologies.

Small bug with the editor. Set the scenario date to say, March 1945. Go to units, and the Americans can pick late model tanks, like the super pershing and they appear in the right column. No suprise there. But if you select these late model tanks, then go back to parameters and go to an earlier date (like November), you still have these previously selected tanks in the right column. You may now make scenarios with Superpershings in July 1944! Just a BTW.

Jonathan

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Freyland:

If this old news, my apologies.

Small bug with the editor. Set the scenario date to say, March 1945. Go to units, and the Americans can pick late model tanks, like the super pershing and they appear in the right column. No suprise there. But if you select these late model tanks, then go back to parameters and go to an earlier date (like November), you still have these previously selected tanks in the right column. You may now make scenarios with Superpershings in July 1944! Just a BTW.

Jonathan<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This isn't a bug, it's there deliberately for those "what if" scenarios! biggrin.gif

Dick

Guest Madmatt

Seems Dick beat me to the punch. Yeah I thought it was a bug too when I first noticed it but I was gently informed that this was intentional for just those reasons. It gives the designer a little more leverage and freedom to make some interesting battles.

Madmatt

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

CMHQ-Annex, The Alternative side of Combat Mission

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex

Proud members of the Combat Mission WebRing

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Madmatt:

[bYeah I thought it was a bug too when I first noticed it but I was gently informed that this was intentional for just those reasons.

Madmatt

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hehehe smile.gif dededede-dededede[ twilight zone music] That's how I found out too biggrin.gif

I have noticed that there are no US airborne units available in the editor for the last month in 1945. Is that intentional?

------------------

-Bullethead

It was a common custom at that time, in the more romantic females, to see their soldier husbands and sweethearts as Greek heroes, instead of the whoremongering, drunken clowns most of them were. However, the Greek heroes were probably no better, so it was not so far off the mark--Flashman

Huh??

BH, I'm looking right at American Airborne units on a May 45 purchase screen.

And the reverse of what Freyland mentioned is also true - you can have units only available in, say, June or July of 44 in a scenario set in April of 45.

Jason

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>BH, I'm looking right at American Airborne units on a May 45 purchase screen.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yup, they're sho'nuff there now. Hmmm, and I checked this before I posted that, too. So it wasn't a 1.03 fix as far as I can tell. Wonder what the deal is?

------------------

-Bullethead

It was a common custom at that time, in the more romantic females, to see their soldier husbands and sweethearts as Greek heroes, instead of the whoremongering, drunken clowns most of them were. However, the Greek heroes were probably no better, so it was not so far off the mark--Flashman