Leadership and C2

Two questions:

1) Does a leader's Leadership Modifier affect all subordinate units with C2 to the leader (including radio), or just those physically nearby?

2) For the case of a leader with a negative Leadership Modifier, do his units perform better when they do NOT have C2 to the leader?

2a) I have a Platoon HQ with a -1 Leadership, and a separate Support Team unit containing the platoon assistant, who has a +1 Leadership.  So... should I send the Platoon HQ out as a scout so the assistant can inherit the platoon?  That would be the effect, yes?

Hmmm. Question 1 is a good one that I don't have the definitive answer to, but my guess is that the leadership factor applies in all situations.

Question 2 was raised several months ago and the answer was that even a leader with a negative factor is better than none at all. For instance, in the WW II titles, only a leader can call in artillery. Absent a leader, it takes much longer for information to be shared among units. I think units without a leader have more brittle morale and take longer to rally.

Michael

6 minutes ago, axxe said:

2a) I have a Platoon HQ with a -1 Leadership, and a separate Support Team unit containing the platoon assistant, who has a +1 Leadership.  So... should I send the Platoon HQ out as a scout so the assistant can inherit the platoon?  That would be the effect, yes?

Fragging comes to CM!

:lol:

Michael

2 hours ago, axxe said:

Does a leader's Leadership Modifier affect all subordinate units with C2 to the leader (including radio), or just those physically nearby?

The former. Howeve, the effect is not binary. Some types of C2 are better than others,and being in C2 in multiple ways is better than one. If you have command lines turned on the brighter the line the stronger the C2 effect.

3 hours ago, Michael Emrys said:

Question 2 was raised several months ago and the answer was that even a leader with a negative factor is better than none at all. For instance, in the WW II titles, only a leader can call in artillery. Absent a leader, it takes much longer for information to be shared among units. I think units without a leader have more brittle morale and take longer to rally.

Michael

Ok, good to know!