M20 Utility Car

Well I discussed this in the past but forgot the post. I think the bazooka should be available for acquire to the crew, on these tank hunting M20 utility cars. And the ability  for the crew to engage opfor tanks from the inside would be neat.

Also other vehicles like half tracks and some tank destroyers should have or m1 carbine racks in them  that the crew with .45s or anyone could aquire

Edited by user1000

4 hours ago, user1000 said:

Well I discussed this in the past but forgot the post. I think the bazooka should be available for acquire to the crew, on these tank hunting M20 utility cars. And the ability  for the crew to engage opfor tanks from the inside would be neat.

For an M20 to be tank hunting would be a truly desperate measure.

4 hours ago, user1000 said:

Also other vehicles like half tracks and some tank destroyers should have or m1 carbine racks in them  that the crew with .45s or anyone could aquire

That's a worthwhile suggestion. What about non-US armored vehicles?

Michael

17 hours ago, Michael Emrys said:

For an M20 to be tank hunting would be a truly desperate measure.

That's a worthwhile suggestion. What about non-US armored vehicles?

Michael

On the contrary many were fitted with a bazooka to deal with tanks with the mount just behind the driver, and the ammo to go with it apparently even if you miss your first shot. All in the Protection to boot from small arms to go along with it.

3456f0e4f606d8e4baf84f9a0b534dc0_m20.JPG

5 hours ago, user1000 said:

On the contrary many were fitted with a bazooka...

I didn't say that they weren't carried. My point, as I stated, is that the situation where you would be using an M20 as a tank hunter would have to be desperate. If you have found documentation to the contrary, please share it. Officially, its role was described as "Armored Reconnaissance Utility Car", meaning I guess that it was sent to do jobs that were not considered dangerous enough to justify a tank or heavier armored car such as the M8.

Michael

On 1/24/2017 at 9:14 AM, akd said:

Show where they are allocated in TO&E and missing in game and we can probably get them added as acquirables. 

Not sure what you mean, but many sites on google say that a bazooka was provided for the crew to compensate for its lack of anti-armor weaponry.

WW2 US trucks, halftracks, armored cars were stocked full of weaponry in case the unit got separated or lost. m1 carbines were very common for these crews to have.  the m20 has many compartments and were stocked with grenades, ammo and mines.