Campaigns; Rest, Refit, Resupply meanings

Digging into making campaigns and I was wondering if anyone could offer a more thorough explanation of the full effects and meanings of those three terms in the campaign script file (Rest, Resupply, and Refit).

Obviously the meanings of the terms are self-evident, but their full implications are not.  One specific question I'd like answered relates to whether items picked up off wounded troops in the preceding missions remains with the troops that picked them up.  For example, if a rifle squad picks up an extra weapon, set of binos, whatever, does it carry over to the next mission-- and which settings might or might not affect that.  

So the sort of answer I'm looking for might sound something like "weapons and equipment picked up by troops do not carry over to the next mission regardless of setting."  Or; When resupply is set to max, picked up items will be over-rided and not carry over."

Thanks 

On 9/1/2017 at 10:27 PM, TheForwardObserver said:

Obviously the meanings of the terms are self-evident, but their full implications are not.  One specific question I'd like answered relates to whether items picked up off wounded troops in the preceding missions remains with the troops that picked them up.  For example, if a rifle squad picks up an extra weapon, set of binos, whatever, does it carry over to the next mission-- and which settings might or might not affect that.  

Sometime it does and sometimes it dont. I one campaign I had a core unit pick up a panzerschreck doing buddy aid from a non core unit but it did not carry over to the next mission so I think its a random thing what the engine decides to do.