Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Latest windows 10 update causing problems?

rocketman

Last night there was a major win 10 update. Unfortunately it cause some problems for me like mouse stopped working, resetting a bunch of settings, removing shortcuts, cause nVidia settings for all CM-games to reset and some other things. And that is all I have discovered so far.

Anyone else with problems relating to CM or otherwise?

@rocketman, you mentioned receiving an update on 28-Sept-2016.  My update history shows:

• KB3194496 - installed 9/29/2016
  • KB3176936 - installed 9/28/2016
  • KB3188128 - installed 9/28/2016
  • Feature update to Windows 10, version 1607 - installed 9/28/2016

I did notice last night (9/29) that odd colors displayed on the FGM website; the black background looked puce (purplish) instead.  I then noticed that KB3194496 was pending updates at that time according to my system tray .  I rebooted PC for the updates to take.  After that, colors returned to what I normally expected.  You may have been between or in the process of other updates when your problems occurred.  Other than that, I've noticed no other problems for me.

For me it was the update 1607 that caused problems. It was done in two steps over two days. Maybe they fixed something in between. I saw over at Nvidia in their forum that some people had problems after the update with drivers stopped working, settings disappearing, control panel out of whack and GeForce Experience dying. You run Nvidia?

I have 1607 (which is the Anniversary Edition) and an Nvida card and driver.  I had no issues with the update.  Full disclosure I installed that update myself early - because I wanted to try out the bash command line support - which means I did not received it through the update mechanism I manually downloaded it and installed it.