4 man marder crew, starts away from vehicle.

It happens far too often.
Random everything, and hit [START].
And there is a crowd of panzerjager crews on my setup area, Each with a driver, a gunner, a loader, and a comander...
but no vehicles for these crews.
So I look around the map, and sure enough, far outside my setup area is a fleet of empty marders. But wait, those marders are in what looks to be the enemy setup zone... or at least far across it.
And doesnt a marder have a three (3) man crew? Why do all my crews have four (4) men?

Crews will not mount untill that extra man is killed, but then they first go into PANIC and run all over the map for twenty minutes or so This gets most of them killed.

So 30 to 40 minutes later, I have a few surviving crews that are able to mount their vehicles. And a few surviving vehicles to mount.
Mix and match till I find a crew that CAN mount that vehicle... or not. In the end I have three or four operational marders. But one in stuck inside a building, and another is hung up on a wall.
Several more have not surviving crew, and are utterly useless to me.
I also have a few crews who's marders were destroyed in the first minute.  And some artillery spotters, but no artillery. These are my infantry.

Anybody else have this experience?