Question about ammo

I get the  point of the TacAI must be able to perform the same decision process. It's about giving the TacAI the same tools as the player. 

However,, I would counter that selecting SHELL/ATGM comes under positioning, as it is position and range dependent. It's an ambush/OW option, essentially. 

And, as Scenario Editors, we already heavily control the TacAI. It doesn't do anything outside a given box of latitude that we don't tell it to. It will never make that surprise flanking manoeuvre unless we specifically set that up. It will never select a perfect keyhole position unless we identify that to the tank concerned, and even then it's just a  position to the TacAI  -  there's no logic chain that goes "oh! Nice keyhole position!".  We have to tell the Tactical specifically to MOVE HERE,  STOP HERE. Then it just sits and if it sees hostiles, fires. 

So the TacAI is not freeform in any meaningful tactical way, but solely in its targeting. 

To balance this SHELL/ATGM command, I guess we'd need an equivalent editor AI command of AMBUSH ATGM 1Km-3km, in addition to the normal  ARMOR AMBUSH command.