Newbie question

Sorry for such a lame questions, but I hasnt been playin CM since 2001. And i cant find the answers in FAQ. So as far as i understand, they always upgrade the game engine, and all the upgrades comes to all CMx2 series? So what if i buy CM: Battle for Normandy, is this gonna be the same modern game as Red Thunder and BlitzKrieg? Or theese will be different games? Is thehere Bazooka and flamethrower infantry in modern basic version of Battle for Normandy?

Flamethrower units appear in the vehicle pack, which was partly released to get units that needed engine v3 (where flame weapons got implemented) into the game. If you get the vehicle pack, flamers will be available in QBs, but not in any missions designed before v3 and the vehicle pack. There is a Scenario Pack which uses the newest content, but whether that actually includes any units that are armed with flamethrowers, I don't know.

Scenarios, unless someone goes through and updates them, which doesn't happen much, only contain the units they were written with.

16 hours ago, Michael Emrys said:

Interesting and useful information, Zixel and womble, but I believe the OP was asking about the basic game right out of the box.

Michael

Yep, I think the correct answer to the original questions is: If you buy CMBN and update to V3.0, it is technically equal to the other titles.

However, since you ask for flamethrower a explicitly: There are only very few community made scenarios using flamethrowers, plus two or so in the VP using flamethrower tanks.

On 6/24/2016 at 0:53 AM, Zixel said:

The Vechicle Pack? Will i have the flamers in basic missions after that installed? Or they gonna be in the new maps?

Michael, I was responding to this. The Vehicle Pack is not in BN vanilla, even v3 BN vanilla, which the vehicle pack requires as a minimum.