Russia has some mean drones on the drawing boards!

Russia has some very interesting drones on the drawing boards. Sorry this video is in Russian but I thought you would find it interesting that one of the designs has a assault rifle fitted to a helicopter style drone. Another briefly shown segment has a drone diving on it's target and it fires a shotgun like burst into the target. Imagine your platoon getting harassed and incurring casualties by drones that are watching your every move.

I also read a great article that I cannot find now or I would share it with you. In that article the writer states he commanded during the cold war and post cold war military. When there was aircraft overhead you knew they were yours. But now with the surge of drones and other countries catching up to U.S. technology in combat aircraft you now have to wonder, is it ours or theirs?

Are we going to have to equip units at a company or platoon level with a IFF indicator for drones? And I think it is high time the U.S. gets a decent ADA system up and running. I don't think relying on only MANPADS and the tired old M163 Vulcan ADA is the answer.

"These times are a changing" as Bob Dylan put it.

Edited by mech.gato