Courage & Fortitude - Tank stuck on bridge

In Mission 02 of the campaign Courage and Fortitude, playing as the Americans, I finally managed to clear a path for my Shermans to cross the bridge... The problem is that the first tank in the column gets stuck on the bridge! It appears to be glitching, jerlking back and forth in the same spot in the middle of the bridge, blocking the way to the other tanks.

Is this a known bug? Is there a way to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance!

Bridges are a pain sometimes.  There have been may glitches and many fixes.  As they come up they get fixed.  Do you have a saved game file you could share?  Also what version of the game are you playing?

Once you are in that state there is nothing you can do that I am aware of - sometimes the vehicle will sort itself out other times not. 

There is a way to deal with bridges that is recommended: place one way point on land at one end of the bridge and another on land at the other end of the bridge. Do not plan to stop on the bridge.  Make sure there is lost of space between vehicles crossing the bridge - avoid bunching up on the bridge. Doing that is not a guarantee for having a problem free bridge experience but it will help.

I would call that a bug, indeed.

In another thread, I reported some examples of vehicles getting stuck  in buildings, walls and hedges. Unfortunately, I had no save game files.

But I support Ian's advise. Try to give simple orders, like Move and Reverse, for a while. Very much to Ian's surprise, I managed to free at least one half track from a building. Did not help much, though. Thereafter it was caught in a square of (the same) building and hedges. It could only wait for a Sherman, to deliver the "Coupe de Grace".

Think of it as " **** happens".

49 minutes ago, StieliAlpha said:

I managed to free at least one half track from a building. Did not help much, though. Thereafter it was caught in a square of (the same) building and hedges. It could only wait for a Sherman, to deliver the "Coupe de Grace".

LOL out of the frying pan and into the fire eh?

49 minutes ago, StieliAlpha said:

Think of it as " **** happens".

Yeah, sometimes you just have to sigh and move on. :)

2 hours ago, IanL said:

LOL out of the frying pan and into the fire eh?

Yeah, sometimes you just have to sigh and move on. :)

Well, at least I managed to salvage some ammo before the half track was blown apart.

Edited by StieliAlpha

I don't think it's pointless to send the file.

The annoying thing is, that vehicles can get stuck in really stupid situations.

In one of my cases, plotted a move from A to B. Unfortunately, there was a corner of a house in the way. But the driver followed a straight pass, right into the wall.

In another case, a Pz IV got caught in a wall, just by turning in place.

Our brilliant AI should be smart enough to avoid such collisions.

Bur then, I remember in the good ol'e Commandos, you could order a truck to drive over friendly troops right in front of it. Or order troops to rest in front of a moving train and they would not move.

Compared to this title from the 90's, CM is miles ahead. ?

• 9 months later...

I can confirm that the tank bridge bug that the OP reported for Mission 02 of the Courage and Fortitude campaign is alive and well in v3.12. 

Critical to success in the mission is to move the tanks up beyond the river. The way the mission is designed, tanks can only move beyond the river across a narrow bridge that has a width that is barely larger than that of the tanks. 

I issued the simplest of commands: one tank, one slow waypoint at the beginning of the bridge and one slow waypoint at the end of the bridge. 

As the tank traverses the bridge, it jumps up and down and side-to-side. I have yet to advance more turns to see if the tank gets stuck or not, but it looks terrible. I will provide a follow-up post to report whether it gets stuck or not.  

But this is such a basic design flaw/bug. How is it that the campaign designer did not realize this issue? How is it that Battlefront vetted the mission design? If I was a developer, and I knew that this sort of bug existed, I would not be allowing the use of such narrow bridges by designers. Instead, I would allow for a narrow piece of land between the swamps so that the mission does not become unplayable. Maybe a wider bridge?  

Is the bridge bug fixed in the new v4?

*Note: Please do not ask me to attach a zip file as evidence of this problem. It is a problem that goes back to 2012 (at least). It is well-documented in this thread, and these threads below. I have yet to find an explanation for this bug by Battlefront. 

Update: The tank managed to get across the bridge, despite jumping around. However, upon reaching the end of the bridge, it hit a mine and the entire crew was either killed or wounded horribly. 

So there is a bridge bug, but with a single order, one tank unit at a time, it can be avoided (albeit, with much animatory jumping and bumping).