Platoon Mortars

I have just done a test with platoon mortars and would like too know why its not possible for a platoon commander who is in cover with LOS to an enemy position, and his mortars are within voice contact say 10m away and in cover with no LOS too the enemy position, why does it still take 5 to 7 minutes to call down artillery fire, should it not be more or less instantaneous as he only has too shout the orders over to the crew.

Well yeah, this is an inconsistency that has been remarked on before. I don't know why BFC hasn't fixed it, but it could be either because for some esoteric reason it is not possible in the current game engine or it would have side effects that are even less acceptable. But in any event, as aggravating as it is, we are stuck with it for the time being.

Michael

It doesn't seem to be such a stretch to have some relatively straightforward algorithm to compress or extend call time delays based on command reach and participant skill. Personally, I think it would be a good addition. It's probably lots harder than I think though, and BFC haven't had it percolate to the top of their "coding time vs improvement" algorithm yet.