Azimuth for STINGER manpad position

Tempestzzzz

Do I want my men to be positioned to take on HINDs at the  Russians attack helo 6 O'clock since it's infrared homing???  Or are the latest Stingers ALL azimuth?

I pretty much made up my mind I have to have these man-pads exposed-just a question of what direction should I  anticipate the attack and best way to take advantage of direction of attack.

Edited by Tempestzzzz

Okay-Thanks. I just have been playing the demo scenario ROLLING THUNDER Getting the hang of using F.O's, artillery, drones, positioning units for cover. I haven't played that scenario to the end-just as a training tool. So I play the opening segment concentrating on  one system at a time. One item that I'm trying to nail down is STINGER placement. I know they have to have a view just trying to figure which angle. But if you say all-aspect then I  just have to have clear shot. I have shot down HINDS-but not as many as I would like.

It was so much safer in the hills of Italy, bocage of Normandy and facing the Syrian Army. At least you had a chance they would miss once. :^/

Edited by Tempestzzzz

It was so much safer in the hills of Italy, bocage of Normandy and facing the Syrian Army. At least you had a chance they would miss once. :^/

If you ever want a painful experience, try taking T-90As against Abrams.  Or fighting against US infantry that's got enough Javelins to go around (seriously, once that missile breaks horizon, it's pretty much kissing a tank goodbye).  

Yes-I know. Standing orders Nobody leaves the Bradley without the JAVELIN. NOBODY! I wish there was default "Grab a Handful of JAVELINS before EXIT"

Kornets and Javelins don't ricochet. I also suffer from 'Laser Spook' :lol:

"Did you see that?"

"Yeah-I detected the laser to!!! BACK UP! BACK UP!!! D@MN IT!! BACK UP!!!"

Edited by Tempestzzzz