Help with disembarking/game lock ups

I need a bit of help on this one. Just how do you order troops to disembark from a vehicle? I can see no order in the menu.

Also, I seem to be the only person on the planet who is experiencing problems with the running of this game. Often my mouse pointer locks up for a few seconds, and the whole game frequently locks when I use the Esc button. I know it is probably due to a fault with my system, but it is a fairly new high powered (450Mhz) system, that has never had problems running other software. Is anyone else experiencing the same problems?

Paul - simply select the passenger unit and issue a move/run/sneak/crawl command anywhere on the map. They will automatically disembark. It might be a good idea to have the transporting vehicle stop for some time to allow the passengers to jump off.

Paul,

The eternal cry for "newest drivers" is raised again wink.gif

Also, remember that CM doesn't agree well with custom cursors etc yet. And finally, it's a beta demo so, unfortunately, some hiccups are expected frown.gif

------------------

Fionn Kelly

Manager of Historical Research,

The Gamers Net - Gaming for Gamers

I, too, have had trouble getting the game to run. In fact, I have yet to have it run more than 30 sec. I have updated every driver I could find (sound, video, dx, mouse, and others). Now the game locks up but the cursor will still move, so I guess I am making progress. I am still looking for any suggestions, cause I am out of ideas.

I am in the same boat as Regan and have already posted this problem. I even installed dx7 and that didn't help. I have a k62-400, 160 meg ram, voodoo3-2000, soundblaster pci 128 and all the latest drivers for everything.... all pretty standard stuff but the game locks up after a short while. Also, moves way too fast when using the arrow keys on the screen. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

These are only suggestions :

Check what is running in the background (Ctrl-Alt-Del 'once')(don't be online; it adds other things). Suggest you dump 'Findfast' if you find it there. Try 'stopping' one thing at a time (you can always restart if it doesn't work).

Another thing, are both of you running the same anti-virus program (and maybe it needed to be 'turned off' when you did the install?

Weird tho, you having problems with CM and not with other games...

Guest Big Time Software

A suggestion for now: try turning off game sound in CM by pressing shift-S (might need to do it twice). There might be a bug in the sound code that causes crashes on some machines. So try that and see if it works.

Charles

I got it to run (finally!) by turning off the hardware accel (click desktop, properties, settings, advanced, performance). It makes scrolling clunky, imprecise, and a pain. Playback is fine. Same problems as above, big jumps with arrow buttons, generally more than you wanted. Also, I have no sound except at the end of the playback. I am running Norton AntiVirus, but I disable it prior to running CM, but did not during the download or extraction. K6-350, 64 MB Ram, ATI Rage Pro Turbo 8 MB, ESS Solo-1 Sound, dx7 and latest drivers.