How to deal with this situation?

melm

Hi, I have the situation that I find hard to deal with.

My squad enters the building discovered both vehicle and enemy squad. However, they shoot the infantry first and exposed themselves to autocannon on the vehicle and got cut down in 1min.  If I set armor target, they can shoot vehicle first but they will do nothing in 1 min and shot down by enemy infantry.  What is better orders to deal with this situation?

Thanks

I am guessing that you are discovering the enemy on the far side of the building. I would say that my SOP is to make first entry to a building that may be concealing enemy beyond it with a single team (not squad), moving Slow with a Target Arc that covers only the building , and maybe 1AS more. In this way, my team will remain hidden from anything that's not pretty close, only engaging discovered enemy who would likely spot them anyway. If I found the force combination you describe, I'd keep them from firing in the following turn unless I thought they were going to be spotted anyway; you are going to lose the firefight. Hold your fire until you can sneak overwhelming firepower into position, or sneak back away until you can bring the right tools to bear.

Note: my experience is with the ww2 titles. Modern sighting aids might well alter your reactions, but if you're fighting at that kind of disadvantage, you're going to lose, so avoid the fight if you can.

Edit: if you're pushing a full squad into the building, you could try splitting an AT Team off, and giving that the task of dealing with the armour while letting the rifles deal with the infantry.

Edited by womble

If you only have scout teams, then they're going to lose against the dismounts and their armoured, cannon-equipped ride, so don't fight. Short Target Arcs are your friend, as are Slow (and, according to some, though I haven't tested it) Hunt. The former prevents your troops from engaging all but the most pressing threats, and the latter helps keep all but the most pressing threats from spotting and engaging you.