Infantry - attacking defended position

What's the best strategy (when overwhelming numbers are not an option) for approaching and attacking fox holes defended by four enemy with an MG?

Edit: forgot to mention that I also have no art and any of my men who come within firing range are getting sprayed and suppressed/routed.

Edited by RedMenace

It really depends on a lot of factors. Especially the map. A screenshot would help.

But from your description, my basic idea is: Try to find an approach where you can get close (100-200 metres) from the position wihtout being seen, then pop up three teams at the same time and have them area fire on the position. The enemy MG can't fire on all of your guys at the same time, so before long they should be suppressed and from then it's basic fire and movement.

What's the best strategy (when overwhelming numbers are not an option) for approaching and attacking fox holes defended by four enemy with an MG?

Edit: forgot to mention that I also have no art and any of my men who come within firing range are getting sprayed and suppressed/routed.

You can try either the Squad Attack Drill or the Fire & Movement Drill as described on my blog.  Let us know how you make out.