Minor problem - temporary freezing

Cpl Steiner

I have put up with this happening with all CMx2 games I own and am wondering if there is a solution.

Basically the entire game temporarily freezes for a second or so now and again. It sometimes does this when there is an explosion, sometimes when clicking a unit. The game carries on as normal afterwards. It's pretty minor - an irritation more than anything - but maybe someone who had this has found a workaround? I have a pretty decent Windows 8.1 machine that can play the games on max settings with ease - apart from these occasional freezes.

Thanks.

Sounds like you are experiencing stuttering video play back??

Try this site out: http://www.tweakguides.com/Graphics_11.html

OR

Might be something in this thread that will help (Nvidia cards)

http://community.battlefront.com/topic/96330-some-performance-and-quality-tips-for-nvidia-users/

OR

Here is something I found at a WOFF forum (Wings Over Flanders Fields, WWI Flight Sim) for Radeon cards:

I was experiencing stuttering in game and less than adequate graphic results with my Gigabyte AMD Radeon HD 7850 Graphics Card.

My Graphic Card Tweaks:
- Overclocked the card GPU from native 925 MHz to 1050 Mhz (Max)
- Overclocked the card Memory from 1000 Mhz to 1250 Mhz (85%)
- Changed fan speed to 100%
- Modified AA in Catalyst Software to 8x w/Supersampling Overriding Application Settings
- Morphological Filtering On (Full Screen Direct 3d Application Only)
- Anisotropic Filtering 16x w/High Quality/Surface Formatting Optimization On Overriding Application Settings
- Wait for Vertical Refresh Setting Off Unless Application Specifies Option
- Open GL Triple Buffering if set to Off
- Tessellation Mode set to 64X (Maximum Level) Overriding Application Settings

Edited by Blazing 88's