AAA

I am assuming that various AAA vehicles and mounts are modeled (M16, Ostwind, Flakveirling(sp), etc). If a scenario allows one side a JABO strike, is it possible to deter it by shooting down one or two of the represented aircraft?

Also, did the Wirbelwind make the final cut in CM?

Historically the effect of light AA was less a matter of actually shooting down planes but rather upon degrading their accuracy and effectiveness. Good light AA should substantially reduce the effectiveness of air support. While I am not familiar as how it is modelled in CM I would expect air support to be less accurate and less likely to hang around with AA around.

Interestingly early war British practice was for AA gunners to take cover when directly attacked. It was soon found that they and their guns were much safer if they manned them. This was especially so if they were well emplaced. This is a great example of when ones natural inclinations (too take cover) are completely the wrong option smile.gif

Saw an interesting documentary on Discovery about the making of support vehicles in the german army. All the badly shot up or vehicles that couldn't make it as first grade Tanks again they rebuilt as Wirbelwind, Ostwind, Tank Destroyers etc. The PkwIV chassis was specially popular.

Anyone got any information on the Sturmmorser Tiger ? I heard it blew up 3 Sherms in one shot once.. (funny they didn't include in CC4 it's a real flashbanger product).