Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Russian precision artillery availability

Euri

A Russion spotter team carries a laser designator. They call a battery which has precision rounds. The spotter team has direct LOS to target. No precision option.  (see screen captures below) Any ideas why?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9z2aTq5oxcqTDBpNFctS2VtZGs/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9z2aTq5oxcqV3dwX0ZkZHJ0NzA/view?usp=sharing 

Edited by Euri

I can't tell if the target is a unit the observer has spotted or is an area of ground. If it is not a spotted enemy unit it is probably because of low light conditions. If this isn't a PBEM post the save game file and I will look at it.

Edited by Vanir Ausf B

It's because the soldier who is carrying the laser designator doesn't have line of sight to the building, even though at least one other member of the team does. You can tell because the target line is grey. If you try to call in a strike on the rubble tile next to the building the option for precision strike is there. I also was able to get a precision strike on the building by moving the observer team into the same action spot as the sniper. The target line was still grey but at least the laser designator guy had LOS. That doesn't mean it will work that way if you try it since the exact placement of soldiers within an action spot is partially random but you get the idea.