This is for Rick Brown, Robert Hall, and Bil Hardenberger

Hey guys, I think I'm having some internet difficulties at home (I'm posting from work) I was online last night, but when I tried to check my email this morning my systed couldn't get on. My brother-in-law (who manages our little homeLAN) may have been doing something this morning; I saw random computer pieces-parts on his desk. Hopefully he's just doing maintenance and there's nothing actually broken. If there IS something wrong, we'll probably have to call the cable-modem company and wait for them to send out a serviceperson. If that happens, I'll try to sneak a copy of CM onto my work PC, but the company's hard drive monitoring stuff might kick it off.

DjB

ps this has NOTHING to do with the fact that Robert is massacring my forces. I'm losing hope in this one, unless I get a MIRACLE break in the next couple turns.

Guest Robert Hall

Now Doug, I know you told everybody on this board before we started you "cheated" whenever you had the opportunity, but this is really getting a bit desperate isn't it wink.gif ?

Oh HO, he insults me! Well, seeing as how we're already in combat, challenging you to a duel would be a little pointless, wouldn't it? I'm going to lose, but I'm having fun!

My home network connection is back up; I was able to check mail last night after getting home from the company holiday party (which may show up in the orders I gave!) I haven't talked to my brother-in-law about where the trouble was, but it might be that the cable-modem company was doing work, because my average download speeds on ftp files is up quite a bit from before the service-interruption (I pulled a 4.3MB patch for BG at about 30K/sec, not bad considering how many people are on the same cable-modem WAN)

So, I'm back online and back in action! I hope you guys are prepared to run several turns this weekend! ESPECIALLY you, Rick, since you'll be unavailable next week. I plan on playing various games til the wee hours this weekend, so maybe our schedules will mesh enough for me to beat you.

DjB

ps insomnia sucks, especially after a night of holiday partying.