Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Time lapses during set-up / orders phase?

Euri

I am replaying the Russian Campaign. I load in mission 2 which is supposed to take place at night. The illumination is close to pitch black and the clock shows 02:35. As soon as the mission loads and while still in the set up phase, I leave the house leaving my computer switched on. I get back after 3 and 1/2 hours and guess what: The skays are blue, the sun is shinning and the clock still shows 02:35. The question is: does the game complute time lapse based on the upper right clock or based on real time elapsed? In other words does in game time lapses also during setup and orders phases (or when the game is paused during real time?)

You understand that this has ramifications as to (amongt others) the basis on which the game computes visibility (thus the advantage of NVG over no NVG)

Only time this quirk happens is during setup.  When paused in RT you are paused - no time goes by.  During orders phase of WEGO - same no time goes by. During setup you will notice that heavy weapons crews will setup and pack up guns etc. and tank commanders will poke their heads up or down as you give some orders.  That kind of thing does not happen at other times.  There is some kind of behind the scenes running clock during setup to allow that to happen.

The only ramifications are that if you setup your defense in your night scenario example after letting the setup sit for a few hours you will not get a good impression of what the LOS is because as soon as you push the BRB it will get dark again.