CtA: Supplysituation at Harbours at Trieste and Pola

After there`s only one ship left to AH at Pola, the supply shown at the ship is 0, at the harbour 10.

There are 3 enemy ships at those ports, so I wonder why there shouldn`t be any supply.

Really weired: I can replace the ship with one overstrengthpoint.

In the port of Trieste the ship shows 7, the harbour 10 supply, there are also 3 enemy ships adjacent.

I´m able to upgrade that ship.

Did I miss anything?

yeah, i noticed something similar in my actual game. I had the ports of St. Petersburg completely surrounded by my Subs and Cruisers. The last Russian Cruiser in one of the two ports started with suppy 10 and lost a Point for every attack by my Subs (which should be normal) but didn't recover his Supply in the next own turn. I have to add, that i didn't attack the ports themselves, but only the cruiser within the ports by Sub attacks. Is there a rule for that?

Ports with an enemy ship adjectent do not give off supply. The port still counts as having a value of 10(which is why you can restock your ship) but the ship itself is getting non of that supply each turn, which is why you can wear it down to 0. This rule was implemented sometime down the line(might have been with Breakthrough) so it might not be documented in the manual.(I have not checked)

This is most relevant to land units who will also gain no supply from ports that are "blocked" by an enemy ship. This is to allow you to use your ships to hinder ports without having to bomb them down(which is extremely costly and time consuming).

Hi Sapare,

thanks, i did know, that a Port with an enemy ship adjacent gives no supply to land Units. But I didn't know, that this is the same for ships in the port. That menas, that there are different rules for restrengthening ships and lnad Units. Land Units Need supply and for Ships supply doesn't Play a role for restrengthening.

But in my eyes, there is almost not more a sense in bombing down ports. For the most valuable supply it is enough, to block the ports and even if i bomb down a port to 0, i will not be able, to hit a ship within the port directly (except with submarines, but they can hit directly without any damage at the port). And I think the losses by the bombing ships are not worth the effect, that the enemy will not be able to restrength his ships for 1 round...