Diplomatic Bug in 1939 Storm over Europe?

I'm playing a PBEM game of 1939 Storm over Europe as the Axis in august of 1941.

France has fallen, the Axis has conquered Yugoslavia, and has almost conquered Greece.

Now I have invaded Turkey (to plan to eventually invade Russia from the Caucasus.)

Strangely though, Russia has immediately joined the Allies and has gotten a huge morale boost from 'the liberation of France'!?!?

I would not have thought that an Axis invasion of Turkey would have triggered Stalin to declare war on Germany, especially since Turkey and Russia are traditional adversaries.

So is this event bugged?

Thanks!

Hi Vercingetorix13

I recall some sort of issue a long time ago, though not that it involved Turkey, more to do with France not having surrendered and the USSR still receiving that boost. It was a very rare event indeed but it was certainly fixed.

I've just checked the script in the most up to date version, and the USSR will not receive a morale boost unless France has previously surrendered and is now liberated, and the USSR is still in the war.

I am a little confused as to how this has happened in your game, but I strongly recommend making sure you download and instal the latest patch once you've finished your current game, as if there were a problem, it should be history now.

Bill

Hi,

I'm his opponent in this game. France is still in the game. France has been conquered but he didn't opt for the Treaty of Versailes. I actually still control one small village in France too if that makes a difference. We are going to go back a turn not DOW turkey and continue from there instead. 

Rgds