Amusing little cartoon

Guest L Tankersley

Guest L Tankersley

I was visiting another company yesterday and saw a cartoon on an office wall I thought folks here might appreciate. The first panel has an infantryman standing out in the mud and rain, saying "This sucks." In the next panel, there's a Ranger saying "This sucks, and I like it." The third panel has a special forces guy saying "This needs to suck some more!" Then there's an army aviator saying "Man, it sucks down there." Finally, there's an air force guy back at the base with a remote in his hand, saying "What? Cable's out? THIS SUCKS!"

[No offense intended to anyone; all in fun wink.gif]

L. Tankersley

(If this message has strange formatting it is because I'm writing this with Lynx) That cartoon brought me some memories from my

army time. As I wrote on the "army experience"

thread I served my time as a weatherman and

we had _really_ easy time most of the time.

One of my friends who was in the army at the

same time and he would often curse his stupidity because he had joined Jägers (the basic infantry grunts who are trained to do all the fun stuff like counterattacking enemy tank columns and like).

Well, that friend of mine spent more nights in forest than in barracks during his army time and he often told "horror" stories of those exercise camps.

When there was only a couple of weeks left from my army time I had to go to an coastal artillery firing camp that lasted for about a week. When I came back from there I could tell my friend I too had now had my share of "bad time" in army and he was noticeably delighted to hear it. At least, until I told my story:

"Man it was hard. We had to sleep in barracks. To make it worse, it was the room of the squad leaders, and their television had only Cartoon Network and Viva (German music channel). We couldn't even do our job because we had to oversee some reservists who were called in for some extra training, and after showing them how a weather sounding is done we hadn't anything to do so we had to spend our time in the canteen playing pool. We didn't even get to do our guard duties because the reservists did it, too."

Yes, I know, it was turning a knife and rubbing some salt at the same time... -Tommi

Hehe, I think I know something worse...when it's not officially Army winter time yet (1 October?) and your illustrious leaders tell you you can't wear your snivel gear yet and it happens to be close to freezing while it's raining and you know it's just the beginning of a long field problem wink.gif

Tom