Campaign/Scenario compatibility with 3.0 engine upgrade (for the last time!)

So I've read all the old threads related to this topic that I can find, but I can't seem to determine a final answer to this question.

If I still want to play CMBN and am contemplating the 3.0 engine upgrade, will ANY of the older campaigns and/or scenarios work as intended? I still want to work my way through the classic German campaigns -- Die Letzte Hoffnung, A Moment in Time, Kampfgruppe Engel, Benouville Battle, Sie Kommen -- but I continue to be concerned that they will not work under the most up-to-date engine upgrade.

What considerations are required to determine if any campaign or scenario created before the 3.0 upgrade will be playable? Are there key criteria that must be met, or are all older creations deemed unplayable?

Can I expect to be able to play all of these campaigns with the 2.x engine?

Sorry to be the one to keep harping on this...hopefully we can lay this to rest now.

Thanks.

Theoretically anything made in a prior version should work, however there have been some comments that certain campaigns have had issues with core units returning.  I do not know whether that is confirmed or not.

For scenarios, the biggest issue is simply some facets have changed that affect play  MG effectiveness for example.  That may make some scenarios weaker/tougher than originally designed.  The good news is you can have more than one version of the game loaded so upgrading doesn't necessarily mean you can't play it in the version a campaign was originally created in.

The only scenario I know for sure that has an issue is Counterattack at Son.  The Bailey Bridge there needs to be replaced, it was missed in testing that it won't support armor.  Maybe goes to show the playtesters were never able to get that far.  :D

My advice- keep an older install on your machine and continue to play those scenarios in that and do a fresh install for the upgrade.