Any way other than engineers to clear minefields

Is there any way other than engineer or sapper units to clear a minefield?

Heavy artillery, large-bore HE and running tracked vehicles (AP mines only) over it. None of those are especially practical. By the way, engineers/sappers don't clear minefields, they only mark them so it is safe to move across at MOVE speed for infantry.

And once its cleared is it totally safe to move through the minefield or is their still a chance a mine could go off?

Once it is cleared, it is safe to move across, but as I said before, marked minefields are something different and place a speed limit on your advance if you want them to not go off.

Is there any way other than engineer or sapper units to clear a minefield?  And once its cleared is it totally safe to move through the minefield or is their still a chance a mine could go off?

As Apocal said engineers will only mark a minefield, not clear it, so the mines are still there. Antitank minefields can be marked but there is no effect.  Infantry can traverse them without risk and vehicles don't benefit from marking.  (In CMBN you could use a flail vehicle but of course they are not in CMRT.)  Also as Apocal said 150mm + arty can clear a minefield with a direct hit. Minefields can be neutralized by a blast from a demo charge if there is an obstacle (like wire) that will take a blast command in the action spot. 

There is still a chance a mine will go off but it is greatly reduced.  I split my squads into fire teams and use slow to move the teams across the marked minefield action spot.  Hunt and move also work.