CM Movie Requests

Hey BTS are you taking any requests for those movies you are going to make?

I don't know if the infantry graphics are up to snuff yet, but if they are, I'd like to see a "medium shot" of some infantry doing something fun. Like taking out a bunker with a flamethrower - or something else with lots of action. Maybe lobbing grenades and running around or something else where we can see the different infantry moves.

The infantry units were too hard to see on those small movies and they looked kind of "hokey" in those static screen shots. You had mentioned that the graphics were going to be improved for the infantry, as I recall. If progress has been made on that it'd be great to check them out!

thanks!

Would also like to see some artillery hitting troops, buildings, etc. Some heavy stuff would be great, in addition to say, some mortar rounds. Some burning/damaged buildings would be good to see too. Also, some additional variety like mg's firing at onrushing troops, a pillbox w/ an AT gun taking out a tank and then getting clobbered by a flamethrower like BDW suggested, etc.

Thanks,

Mike D

aka Mikester

Guest Big Time Software

The next round of movies (when we get around to them) will focus on infantry and combined operations. Expect to see lots of closeup stuff of infantry shooting, running, hitting the dirt, lobbing grenades, etc. We also have the voices in and working, which was one of the things we were waiting for.

There will be things like artillery hitting and perhaps even a flamethrower taking out a pillbox (hey, that would be cool...). Also expect to see tanks and infantry working together.

Multiple views and varied terrain are on the list as well.

The infantry graphics have already been vastly improved. However, they will probably ALWAYS look "hokey" in close up static screenshots. The models simply do not have enough polygons to look as good as people would like. Plus, they are sitting still without the camera moving. Trust me, they look 1000 times better in action. The movies will show this for sure. BTW, we have seen some "realistic" figures from some upcomming 3D shooters and, frankly, don't think they look much better than what we have using 1/2 as many polygons. Just goes to show you how many polygons it takes to make a truly realistic looking soldier.

Steve

[This message has been edited by Big Time Software (edited 05-02-99).]

• 2 weeks later...

I want to add something to the list of requests, for the fun of it! I know it is basically a novelty in CM and probably gets old fast, but how about showing us what happens when those battle-ship rounds land in CM?

Or is that like giving away the ending in a who-dunnit flick? smile.gif

Boy, I guess NDW and MikeD don't like infantry very much.

"Show them getting blasted by a MG nest."

"No, no, show them being roasted by a flamethrower tank."

"Hold on, show them being blown up by artillery support from a battleship!"

Jeez, what'd the poor gravel-crunchers ever do to you guys?

:)

------------------

A lot of my schoolmates called me "warmonger."

Guest Big Time Software

HAHA!! Well, actually we *had* planned on having a bunch of poor GIs hit by Nebelwerfers. Problem was it was 7am (hint, this was the end of my "day") and I already had the 5 done for posting plus another one in rough form. So I didn't do one up. However, it is certainly on our list of "next times".

Steve