2vs2 opponents wanted!

Hello,

A buddy and I have been playing some very enjoyable games as a team versus a pair of other players for the last couple of years and are looking for some new opponents.

The mechanics of playing 2vs2 is very simple and described briefly below.

We tend to prefer playing scenarios to QB's, but that is negotiable. I would say we average about 2 turns per week playing in this style - but that varies hugely (plus and minus) depending on other factors. 

So if you have a buddy and fancy some co-operative play against a common enemy (us!) then send me a pm and we'll take it from there.

------------------------------------------------

Once we have the scenario and sides agreed with the opposition it works like this:

• After inspecting the available forces we decide which of us will control which units.
  • We discuss a plan of battle (or not!)
  • Player 1 places their units and gives orders. Making a save game and then puts the file in dropbox from player 2.
  • Player 2 grabs the save, places their units, gives orders, presses the button and puts the resulting outgoing pbem file in dropbox for the opposite team.
  • The opposition mirrors this.
  • When we get a file back from the opposition whoever gets there first updates the orders for their units and passes the save to the other player, usually letting them know by email/whatever that they have done so.
  • The other player then gives their orders and presses the button etc.
  • Rinse and repeat...

Obviously there is plenty of opportunity for discussion along the way. Equally, plenty of opportunity for misunderstanding, friendly fire and general confusion - great fun!

This Sounds Good, and will talk to another player to see if he is interested as well...Will keep you posted via PM. 

What size gaming ( scenario/QB's ) are you guys interested in ?...I think it would be nice to setup a Campaign type game ( something up to Reinforced Batt in size ). 

Joe

Edited by JoMc67

Hi Joe,

Yeah, battalion sized battles work well - each player ends up with a company+ sized unit to handle. But we have played smaller and larger games too - as long as the action starts promptly they all work well enough. So essentially we are pretty flexible on that score!

How would you see a campaign working?

R