Stryker w/25mm ChainGun?

tankgeezer

Playing Poking the Bear with my TOW mounted Strykers I was able to take out multiple T 90s. Dicey though as if given half an opportunity the T90s would toast them. Narrow firing lanes, rear arc, T90 on the move, I had the odds decked in my favor, but still risky. 

One of the scenarios at Cavalry Leader's Course is conducting a Squadron Screen against an Iranian division level attack using Strykers.  The whole thing is an exercise in "What sort of idiot sends Strykers to a high intensity conflict?"  Even against earlier model tanks you're still really needing to leverage the heck out of standoff, mobility, and terrain to really get any mileage out of your Stryker ATs (the IBCT scenario at least, had the diginity to be a COIN-centric route recon).  TOW is a very capable system, but ATGM carriers across the board really need to have luck and good terrain on their side against tanks.

Speaking of TOWs, our army lost a TOW 2 recently, stolen from a base apparently 

The Defense Minister said it was of no concern since they didn´t steal the launcher...

That´s what passes for high level politics around here  :D

In Spanish if anyone is interested:

http://www.lanacion.com.ar/1760885-desaparecio-un-misil-antitanque-de-una-unidad-del-ejercito

http://www.lanacion.com.ar/1767939-agustin-rossi-le-resto-importancia-al-robo-de-un-misil-porque-dice-que-no-esta-operativo

Our army tends to "lose" stuff from time to time