Struggling on Russian campaign mission 2 (spoilers)

Sulman

You have a lot to do on this one, Quarry, Cattle farm, Beaches and phase lines. I'm running out of combat power in the middle of the map.

• I have a UAV available but can't target accurately with it.
  •  
  • Lots of Enemy APC's .These are the real headache. I can scout them no problem but my spotters don't stay concealed long enough to kill them, and they're bleeding out my recon squads badly if I try and attack, though I've had some success. Resistance at the cattle farm is just too steep; 3 APC's and various concealed infantry. There's plenty of flanking options but you don't live long in the treeline due the thermal sights - my FO was seen by the BMP he was targeting after about two minutes; he did get it by then the whole farm was shooting at him. 
  • Quarry fight isn't too bad (Grenade launcher a huge headache...) but the only real purpose of securing it is to open the left flank of the map for the BMP 3 platoon that turns up later...
  • Said BMP3 platoon could solve my problem but it's murderously hard getting them to the middle of the map due to ATGM ambush points; they're quite deliberately out of position on a geographically isolated start line.. 

I will retry my save and try and get the BMP 3's screened properly (I'm using the remnants of my quarry force to screen with some success), but time is tight and it is essentially the enemy light armour that is giving my so much trouble. 

I breezed the first mission but this one is thwarting me quite badly - any tips?

Edited by Sulman

The second mission was fun. You need to be very carful though. Try to take out the BTRs on the aproach to the cattle farm with mortar fire. If that fails, seek a concealed avenue of aproach and attack them fromt the flanks from close range with RPGs. They (the BTRs) dont have thermal sights, BTW. The grenade launcher at the quarry also caused 2 KIA when i encountered it. I flanked it then but in the ensuing close range hand grenade lobbing duel i lost another 2 guys. I took the BMP-3s after they arrived and sent them to support the fight at the cattle farm. I decided that after taking the quarry i would not move along the beach but instead push through the cattle farm in numbers and then head for the other objectives.