More irritations.

First: Will it be possible for players to make their own vehicles? I've seen products that allow flight-sim pilots to create their own planes. I know CM is a whole 'nother ballgame, and the vehicle stuff in the program is probly fairly dense, so a simple no would be a sufficient answer.

Second: I've seen wargames in which the AI is "hard-wired"/built into individual scenarios and so player-created scenarios are 2 player only (ie there is no "general behavior" AI and individual scenarios have AI keyed to that scenario only)

From this site, I've seen that custom scenarios in CM will be 2 player-possible (right on that?) When a custom scenario is played single-player, do you guys at BTS foresee any differences in the AI's playing style between original and custom scenarios?

Does the scenario creator have to specify very detailed orders for AI units, or can a creator just tell them "defend this hill as best you can" and the AI will act correctly? (I ask this because, for the foreseeable future, I will be unable to play multiplayer games whether internet or hotseat, so I need an adaptable, flexible AI)

Thanks

DjB

------------------

A lot of my schoolmates called me "warmonger."

Guest Big Time Software

A "simple no" to making your own vehicles smile.gif There are no tools even on our end. We make vehicles in a 3D program, export the data, it is parsed and optimized, then hardwired into the game system. From the inside it isn't pretty at all, but to do otherwise would cost us about a month. Eventually we might do up such a tool set, but not for CM's first release.

CM's AI will not be scripted. Not only do we hate scripted AI, but it simply doesn't work for user created maps. There was a large discussion about this topic several months back. Change the Topic filter to be a year or greater and cruise through the list. Most of the answers you seek are there.

In short, there will be no playing style differences between the scenarios we ship and the ones people create. We use the same exact tools as what will ship with the game. Not one line of special code will be added to our scenarios.

Steve

[This message has been edited by Big Time Software (edited 05-19-99).]