Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Graphics Questions

Is there a way to change the graphic for unit bases?

In my CM bmp folder there are a lot of duplicate files for many bmps with suffixes sometimes numbers or sometimes referring to a country. Are these all just alternates or what.

Also, does anyone know where to get badco's random endgame mod. Seems his link is dead.

Thanks very much.

Well, I might. However, I'll have to wait for a new computer. I have a laptop with only a 32meg video and that won't be enough for the large cmak scenarios just like my previous 16meg wasn't enough for the large cmbo ones even though theoretically it should have been.

I'm starting to get more into cm instead of spwaw. I know MikeT did a whole Pacific mod for cmbo but I can't find it.

1. Naw. I'd like to see the base as maybe a line or small block under the unit. Just enough so I know where they are in the forest but not so big it distracts.

2. It's not cmmos. I don't use it. I think they might be alternates to mods I've installed. If so I'd like to see which is the best and delete the rest. If not I'll leave them all alone.

3. I've always thought a random ending maybe 2-3 turns either way of the actual one adds to the game.

Been a while since I played BO.

3. Varible endings are in BB and AK indicated by a plus sign.

1. When you get my age, the bases wont be big enough.

2. If you are not using cmmos, then the bmps with more than a number wont work. You probably unzipped a cmmos mod into your bmp folder. You might as well delete them.

The pacific mod is at cmmods. It is a cmmos mod.

If you need help with that, just ask.

You might as well get cmmos to do the pacific mod.

Go to www.cmmods.com , go to cmbo, click by designer, on the right window find MikeT and click, then all and other. Download the cmmos 4.05 and the cmbo rulesets. Once you have that installed in the same drive letter as your cmbo install, get the mods. They are at cmmods under designer CMMOS. There is a pack of battles for the pacific mod. Enjoy and don't hesitate to contact MikeT if you have a problem.

If you have enough space on your harddrive, you might concider a second install just for the pacific.

Originally posted by rich12545:

Well, I might. However, I'll have to wait for a new computer. I have a laptop with only a 32meg video and that won't be enough for the large cmak scenarios just like my previous 16meg wasn't enough for the large cmbo ones even though theoretically it should have been.

I only have a 32 VRAM card and its fine. Maybe not for huge maps, but its not bad.

Junk, I went over there and it looks like it's not designed for playing against the ai. Thanks very much for checking.

Pzman, I tried the demo and found no problems. But for large maps there would be. Even in cmbo it gets a little choppy for large maps with a lot of graphics. When I had only 16 meg the larger maps were almost unplayable.