Training Mission

Striderpr

Hello i'm new to the Combat Mission series.I have a question about the training in Black sea, when i move my platoon to the firing lane all hell break loose and a start to receive enemy fire. Is this normal for the training mission?  I thought that the enemy dont shoot back in the training lol. Sorry for my english.

Striderpr,

Welcome aboard!

My first outing was a really simple QB I threw together just to see what the game looked like and how it worked. That QB should've been called "Two Minutes to Near Extinction," since I lost nearly half my Russian force in that time. Now that I've had my unsupervised jaunt into the charnel house, perhaps I should go fire up the training scenario myself.

(goes away briefly)

Have come straight from first trying to find the Training Mission in Battle, only to discover there was none. Bit of a shock, but not as much as discovering there was an entire Training Campaign! I've never played a campaign in any CM game, starting with CMx1's trailblazing CMBO in 2000! I like PBEM rather than vs AI, but I pretty much suck vs AI in CMBN, so I do need the Training Campaign here. Lots more moving part, and really fast ones at that. Successfully complete the Training Mission there, but still sucked when it came to actual combat. That's how I discovered what may be the answer to your problem. If you're in Mission 4, the Briefing specifically states you'll be in mock combat against an OPFOR that shoots back! If it's 1-3, then the briefing was deliberately deceptive, there's a problem or both. Must be daunting to be shot at while in the firing lane. Did your AFVs explode or what when hit?

Regards,

John Kettler

Edited by John Kettler

That's odd, I don't think they're supposed to shoot back until the last mission of the training campaign.

Are you sure they were shooting back at you? I just played the first mission now, and all hell certainly broke loose at the firing lane, but the bullets were all going in one direction!

striderpr and BFC,

Something very odd is going on here. I haven't been shot at, but when I got men on the roof of the Range Control taller building, they spotted a whole bunch of OPFOR on the gunnery range and opened fire with what I think was an AT-4 plus an MG. Hit an estimated Tigr in right front with MG fire and barely missed it with other weapon. Not only does this seem bizarre on the face of it, but if this is live fire, then there's an acute range safety problem because the BLUFOR fire is practically hitting the Range Control Tower while en route to the Small Arms Range. The Range Safety Officer's already left a smoking hole through the roof after going through it. I took a screenshot of this incident (no, not the RSO's response) and have Saved the turn as well. Also, I continue to have the hanged command issue I reported before. It seems to affect the big buttons. Finally, when the Training Campaign was loading, I noticed audio glitches, several each, at the ~76% and 93% marks.

Regards,

John Kettler

Edited by John Kettler