Robots :)

hi:0

After having a look at the quicktime movies, the tanks look impressive, but the soldiers look a bit wooden smile.gif, I hope this will be improved by the final version, perhaps a bit of motion capture would help, since they seem to float and glide above the ground, rather than running on it wink.gif

CCJ

Guest Big Time Software

Unfortunately, we can't do much about it. To make human figures move VERY realistically they need to have more articulation, which means a LOT more polygons. Increasing polygons is not possible if you want CM to run on anything but higher end systems frown.gif

Also, timing feet to different terrain is really difficult. What looks like running in one spot looks like air walking in another. Think of CC when guys are running through different terrain. They look like they are hunched over and running, but aren't going anywhere sometimes. Same problem with Combat Mission.

Take heart... we would LOVE to improve the animations, and still might be able to make a noticable difference before we ship, but we are constantly bumping up against computing reality. You should see Charles' swelled, black and blue forehead smile.gif

Steve

Hey after looking at the quiktime movies abit more, I figure why they look so robotic, when they swing their arms, they swing it same directrion as the leg on that side! Humans don't walk like that! smile.gif The arm should swing the opposite way on each side to the leg smile.gif I hope this will be fixed smile.gif

Guest Big Time Software

Don't worry - the arm/leg coordination thing was fixed long ago. But that Quicktime movie is just a little bit older than the fix. smile.gif

Charles