AT/Infantry guns

Apologies if this has been discussed before.

Has anyone else noticed that antitank and infantry guns seem to be performing much better recently? I cannot pinpoint when I first noticed this, but I am very grateful for it.

Before the improvements, I seldom purchased AT/Inf guns in a QB, because the "points VS usefulness" ratio was terrible.

This seems to have changed in the last few....weeks/months?

Now, in CMBN 3.11, AT/Inf guns seem to be worth their points cost.....a welcome improvement, IMO.

Personally I hope they're no better value than last time I used 'em... I thought they were worth their purchase price, and then some, at that stage and if they've gotten more cost-effective, they'll be a no-brainer on defense... That's in v2.11, so much longer ago than weeks or months. ATG utility is heavily affected by the environment though, so it's possible that you're only now getting play time in situations where they're killer.

Doug's graphic looks like one of my relatives in the morning -

I ran into some anti tank guns on the last QB battle I played and luckily I flanked around them with my tanks avoiding any hits  but dang my infantry screened them out of the thick woods they were in prior to my tanks moving up ... ... so I'm maneuvering my Platoon around to make sure there are no surprises in the woods ... being all tacful and stuff ... then I luckily surprise an anti tank gun we supress it and grenade it but then some of em run off - the anti tank crew and as we pursue they freak my VETERAN and +1 leadership guys out they start pow pow pow with the pistols killing and pinning my guys then the last guy runs off and finally we get him but not until he scares the guns out of the hands of some of my stud troopers. 

so uh yeah they are better ... 

Yes, they are better (and I'm not talking about the anomaly that Artofwar described).....perhaps Engine 3.0 was the beginning?

IMO, they are actually worth purchasing in a QB now, if you are defending, and especially if you buy some sandbag walls to protect them. Before 3.0 I hardly ever bought them. They were, IMO, too fragile and slow. Now they are pretty good...more like what I imagine they were in real life.