SSD (Solid State Drive) New Years Resolution ???

Ok so I recently used Macrium Reflect to reimage my drive or whatever its called I backup up an image of my C Drive and then later after my C drive got all filled up and cluttered I used Macrium Reflect to get it back to the way it was. But then everything I have done since then can get lost but then everything I do I put on a different drive than my C drive so actually I do not loose anything but anyway the pc came with a solid state drive of the size of about 110 gigs which is small but when I reinstalled Normandy on my other drive which is not a solid state drive it was all clunky and slow and I would get minor screen freeze and stutters but then when I uninstalled it and put it onto the SSD drive - the C: drive it runs just peachy again and always had when I had it on the C drive before I tried using it on the other non solid state drive just to see what would happen and I found out it stinks cause my pc is slow I guess but with the ssd drive it runs great. 

So maybe if you want to do an upgrade for the new year one thing to consider is a SSD drive I have heard that this is one of the most significant speeder upper things one can do to a pc which can make a big difference.

post-68164-0-91896000-1419986082_thumb.j

This is what I have notice the ssd drive later I added other drives as well but they are not ssd

I got this rig in January 2012

I can't speak to load-time improvements in CM from an SSD ( yet - only installed it the other day and still in the process of reinstalling stuff - although the Master Installer for CMBN went on a treat :) ).

But for boot-time improvements on your machine if you put your OS on it, it makes a massive difference. :wub:  Approx. 10 seconds from on-switch to "Ready" :o  :)

I just did a totally lame test - one sample each and timed with my phone.  For CMRT 1.00 running on my SSD drive it started in 13.7s.  For CMRT 1.03 running on my platter drive it started in 26.7s.

Both of those were from time of launch to main screen up I did not <esc> the splash screen.  So there you have it the SSD launch *is* much faster.  I guess I just don't notice anything faster than 30s :D

I think I got people sidetracked on load times the big difference I have is that of In Game Playing when I am in a Quick Battle for instance - I play on the Turn based setting where it runs for 1 minute like old school Combat Mission but anyway when I am playing AND, it has been installed on may platter drive the game is clunky and freezes at times and stutters anyway it is real smooth and plays normal whatever that means when I have it installed on the SSD drive.  

Actually if I had only a platter drive I would not play it or would have to get a new pc that is how bad it is on the platter or how different it is on the SSD drive.