Looking for a good Miltary themed story.....

RCMP,

Here are some goodies I found for you.

"66 Stories of Battle Command" is a CGSC study primarily geared to the valuable war stories from those units which fought at the NTC at Ft. Irwin, California. I think you'll find this very much on point.

The Art of Battle: Animated Battle Maps seems most apt, especially for those in need of visual stimuli. With coverage running from 1500 BC through WW II, the site would appear to be the answer to your prayers.

Battle of Gettysburg: Change the plan or persist? Trenchant AWC (Army War College_ short talk by AWC historian Len Fullenkamp on if, when and how to change the battle plan. 

The Battle of Cannae Essential brain food for every student of warfare. This brilliantly combines theory, well done footage and wargame graphics to tell the tale of the first recorded double envelopment in history. An event that informs military thinking to this day.

These should keep you out of mischief for a bit. Let me know if you need anything else.

Regards,

John Kettler