Replay mode?

Hi folks,

I see with interest how some watch their battles in replay mode or some such thing... how do you actually do that? Is the game recorded somehow and then we can access the file?

I would like to watch and create my own little "movie" so to speak but am unsure how!

thanks for your help chaps

Doug

"Replay mode", and recording the game are two different things.

Replay mode is the games way of allowing you to watch the turn you have just played over and over again. And works much like any other video, dvd cd etc... using the same standard "arrow" and "pause", "stop" symbols.

To actually "record" your game so that you can watch it when you are not playing it, or so that you can post a video of your game on youtube or some similar public channel, you would need to use video capture software, such as "Bandicam" or "FRAPS".

A lot of forum members make great videos and I'm sure one of them will soon be able to give you a more detailed answer.

To expand a bit: you get a Replay phase when you play turn-based "WeGo". You and your opponent issue your orders in the "Order phase" (which is like having the game paused), and when you hit the Big Red Button, the turn's action is calculated and the next thing you get is a "Replay phase" which, in its turn, ends when you press the BRB, taking you into a new Orders phase. You cannot, and, from what BFC have said, I don't think you will ever be able to, get a replay if you play Real Time. You can record your Real Time play using FRAPS (or whatever), but only as you play it. No chance to go back and choose a different camera angle or framing. With a WeGo replay you get the option to watch it (and therefore record) as many times as you like from as many viewpoints as you wish.