Armour Only

Black Max

Has anyone else noticed when you select Quick Battles - Armor Only, you dont always get "Armor Only"? I quite often get an infantry mix. I am just wondering if this has changed from previous games?

Many armored "only" formations have attached infantry units inside of them, for example a Soviet tank battalion will usually have a company or a few platoons of tank riders.

Many armored "only" formations have attached infantry units inside of them, for example a Soviet tank battalion will usually have a company or a few platoons of tank riders.

So this must have changed after CMBO, CMAK, CMBB as they used to be ONLY armor? Plus I usually notice Arty spotters, and lots of non-tracked vehicles.

So this must have changed after CMBO, CMAK, CMBB as they used to be ONLY armor? Plus I usually notice Arty spotters, and lots of non-tracked vehicles.

Once again it depends on the formation, I recommend just starting a random quick battle and going to the purchase screen for both sides to check out what is inside each ones armor formations.

In the case of the artillery spotters that is weird, I cant seem to find them in there, but of course I could be wrong.

Once again it depends on the formation, I recommend just starting a random quick battle and going to the purchase screen for both sides to check out what is inside each ones armor formations.

In the case of the artillery spotters that is weird, I cant seem to find them in there, but of course I could be wrong.

Thanks for the information. I did as you suggested and only see one Forward Observer. But if/when I get Infantry I always have one of them and more vehicles than tanks. Curious also as you can pick Infantry or Mech Infantry. Kind of defeats the purpose of "Armor Only".

Thanks for the information. I did as you suggested and only see one Forward Observer. But if/when I get Infantry I always have one of them and more vehicles than tanks. Curious also as you can pick Infantry or Mech Infantry. Kind of defeats the purpose of "Armor Only".

Automatic purchase is a bit wonky, I usually just buy the majority of the forces for both sides, if you do that you won't have problems like that.